Whether we want to admit it or not, we spend a lot of time in our bathrooms. It’s where we shower and get ready for everything–amongst other things. In an outdated bathroom, it can be difficult to feel fully clean.
This was the situation for the Hanson’s in Prior Lake, MN. They were tired of their old, outdated bathroom and ready for a crisp, clean luxury master bathroom.
Here’s a closer look at how Country Creek Builders worked closely with the Hansons to bring their dream master bath to life.
Demo: Out with the old
The existing master bathroom had an Oak vanity, a fiberglass shower kit, vinyl flooring, and a never-used, large drop-in jet tub.
Stylistically, they wanted to get rid of the vanity, fiberglass shower kit, and vinyl flooring. With the large tub taking up so much of the bathroom, the couple felt cramped whenever they both needed to be in there. Country Creek Builders began by removing the outdated aspects and the tub–opening up the room.
Solutions: In with the new
Country Creek Builders worked with the Hansons to create a custom design. This included a larger shower with a bench as well as recessed niches for bottle storage.
The walls were painted Wainscot to give the bathroom a beautiful finish and add to the open feel of the room. Without the large tub in the way, Country Creek Builders were able to design a longer vanity with two linen cabinets–one on each end of the vanity and lower drawers under the sinks. For this to work, the plumbing had to be raised. This design gave the Hansons added space and storage. Included in the vanity design were toe kick LED lights for accent lighting.
- White painted cabinets (interior & exterior)
- Flat-panel doors and drawers
- Soft close drawers and doors
- Paint color: Alabaster
- Mirror frames custom built and painted to match the vanity
- Countertops: 3CM Silestone “Ariel”. Silestone was used for the vanity top, curb top, ½ wall top, benchtop, and the bottom of the recessed shelf – carrying the vanity top colors and feel into the shower.
- Shower wall – Hall Blanco 8 X 20 Wall tile: The tile shop
- Back of recess shelf – Blakely Stira Glass tile
- Accent tile strip in shower matched the back of the recess: Blakely Stira Glass tile
- Bath floor tile: Clay Taupe 12 X 24 Tile
- Shower glass – BlueChip Tempered glass, Frameless shower set
Upgrade Your Home with Country Creek Builders
Your home is much more than four walls and a roof, and the way it’s designed and built needs to convey that.
At Country Creek Builders, we have helped hundreds of homeowners turn their dreams into reality through kitchen remodels, basement remodels, bathroom remodels, additions, and more.
Our dedicated team of in-house designers works closely with you throughout the process to ensure your exact needs and desires are met when the project is brought to completion – always on time and on budget.
Contact us today for a free, detailed estimate to begin designing your one-of-a-kind space.