Your kitchen is the setting for life’s special moments — the meals and messes you create, the laughter and conversation you share. That’s why this room should live up to your standards of quality, style, and comfort, so you can enjoy every moment to its fullest (especially now that you’re spending more time at home).
We recently worked with a family in Prior Lake who wanted to transform their existing kitchen into a modern, open space that reflected their needs and personality. From big details like custom cabinets and LED lighting to smaller (but equally important) additions like tray dividers and cabinet rollouts, our team made sure this kitchen matched the family’s preferences perfectly.
What We Removed
We started by completely removing all of the outdated cabinets, countertops, and tiled flooring (which also included wood flooring in the front formal dining room). Since the dining room was rarely used, and the kitchen was too small, we also removed a load-bearing wall between the two, creating a wide open space with enough room for useful features like a large island (painted “Gauntlet Gray”).
What We Added
We installed three load-bearing beams to replace the load-bearing wall. To give the kitchen a completely fresh, clean aesthetic, we installed beautiful custom cabinets with flat-panel doors and drawers, painted “Extra White.” We installed melamine drawer boxes, soft-close doors and side, and 3 1/4” crown molding.
We also installed a sleek, modern dry bar area off of the kitchen for the family’s entertaining needs, which included two under-cabinet wine coolers and upper-cabinet glass doors with LED lighting. The dry bar was painted “Extra White” to match the perimeter cabinets.
A few of the unique, personalized details we included in the kitchen:
- Tray dividers above the fridge for cookie sheets
- Tray divider in the bottom cabinets, to the right of the stove
- Spice-insert organizer in the top drawer, to the left of the stove
- New custom hood vent
- Rollouts in base cabinets
- Utensil inserts to the left of the sink
- Two-basket trash/recycle rollout to the left of the sink
- Large pantry with five rollout shelves
- Back splash: Imperial Gris Frame Gloss Ceramic 3 x 6 Subway tile
- Countertops: 3 CM Vicostone Castello Quartz
- Under-cabinet and in-cabinet LED lights
- Recessed LED lights throughout the kitchen, with pendant lights above the island
- Dixie Country Oak P1-14 LVT flooring throughout
What We Can Do For Your Kitchen Remodeling Needs
At Country Creek Builders, we pride ourselves on finishing every job on time and on budget. Before we begin, we make a promise to exceed expectations, and we always go out of our way to keep it.
If you’re ready to expose the full potential of your existing space, our team is ready to meet you where you are. We can’t wait to make your home remodeling dreams come true! Take a look at our kitchen remodeling inspiration, and give us a call at 952-484-9812 to set up a consultation. We look forward to talking!